The Legacy Foundation has a broad focus on healthy lifestyle programs that can enhance the health and quality of life for South Texans.
At least 50 percent of all illness and premature death is directly connected to the lifestyle choices we make. Smoking, obesity, lack of exercise, alcohol and substance abuse all contribute to early death and disease.
Our areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Health Fairs and Screenings
- Community Gardens
- Fitness, Exercise and Movement Programs
- Nutrition Information Programs
- Sports Programs for the Disabled
- Stroke Support Programs
- Violence Prevention and Awareness Programs
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs
- Alcohol and Tobacco Abuse Prevention
- Care for at-risk moms, infants, and children