Willis H. Jondahl Memorial Fund
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
This fund is created to promote continuing educational opportunities for obstetrical nursing personnel of Cameron County hospitals, and midwifery education or training to promote the best possible nursing care for obstetrical patients.
- Reimbursement/Scholarship assistance for college courses may be granted only for tuition, fees paid to the institution, and books. Costs for parking, transportation, supplies, meals, babysitting, and other expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Applicants must have been employees of the hospital OB/GYN Department for six (6) months prior to applying for assistance.
- The course(s)/seminar must be from an accredited source, offering CEU’s, and must be expected to reasonably improve the employee’s performance in the OB/GYN area.
- IMPORTANT: APPLICATIONS FOR APPROVED COURSES MUST APPROVED BY THE WILLIS H. JONDAHL MEMORIAL FUND COMMITTEE AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE SEMINAR.
- Applicants must achieve a grade of “C” or above on graded courses and must file documentation of grade(s) received with the Jondahl Fund Committee. For non-graded courses (seminars/workshops), documentation of attendance must be filed, and CEUs earned.
- Reimbursement may not exceed $500 per term. For seminars, funds will be awarded for registration fees only; funds for transportation and lodging should be sought elsewhere.
- Priority will be given to those students previously receiving assistance from this source who are continuing their course of study.
- Applicants will not receive funds for courses for which they are being assisted by other Scholarship Funds.
- Applications should be limited to one semester/term only.
- Applications may be downloaded from our website: www.vblf.org and sent to our office via mail: 1267 N. Stuart Place Rd. Harlingen, TX 78552; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; Contact 956-335-3039 for more information.
- Fill in the appropriate information, obtaining recommendations and comments from supervisor, department head, and appropriate administrator.
- Submit application to Willis H. Jondahl Fund Committee (Foundation Office) for review. Applicant will be notified of Committee’s decision. If application is approved, applicant will be notified when to pick up check.
- Submit evidence of completion of the course no later than thirty (30) days after the final class. For graded courses, submit copies of grades along with tuition receipts. For seminars/ workshops, submit copy of Attendance Certificate or continuing education certificate.